After a 2-2 draw on Saturday, Ashington and Albion Sports had to endure a replay at Throstle Nest, the home ground of Albion Sports, and this match was a fantastic advert for non-league football.

The first chance of the game fell to Albion Sports when Danny Cunningham layed off Brice Tiani who fired just wide. However, Ashington went straight down the other end and took the lead when Connor Erangey blocked Andrew Johnson’s cross-cum-shot straight to Dylan Williamson who made no mistake from close range. Albion then started to create the better chances and Asif Hussain saw his free-kick curl inches wide of the upright. Moments later Marcus Edwards could only Turn a Tiani shot wide when the ball rocketed off his leg. Albion then got a deserved equaliser when Michael O’Brien played through Cunningham who’s low cross was turned home by Marcus Edwards inside the six yard box. Defender Lewis Morgan then decided to get in the game and almost gave Albion the lead, however his shot was well saved by Connor Grant. Ashington finally started to get a grip back on the game and Jack Bentley had to make a smart save when James Moore latched onto Andrew Johnson’s through ball, only to fire at the keeper. Albion then should have taken the lead when Asif Hussain delivered a pinpoint cross on to Marcus Edwards’ head, however he could only direct his effort straight at the keeper.

Michael O’Brien forced Grant to make a good save early in the second half when he let fly from 30 yards, only to see Grant get down to prevent the ball from entering the goal. Ashington then retook the lead as Michael Bell seemingly headed straight at the ‘keeper only to see the ball take an awkward bounce and over Bentley’s outstretched arm. Albion responded immediately with Cunningham letting fly from 25-yards only to see Grant fly across goal to tip the ball around the post. With just minutes left on the clock Jaskaran Basi received the ball 25-yards from goal, and delightfully curled the ball into the top corner to send the home fans into raptures with the match surely heading to extra-time. Albion substitute Sam Bradley then put Edwards one on one with the keeper but he could only shoot straight at Grant, and Albion would be left to rue this missed opportunity. In the final minute of regulation time Andrew Johnson gathered the ball all of 30-yards from goal and fired goalwards, watching as the ball dipped and curled into the bottom corner to stun Albion Sports. Sam Bradley then received an injury time red card for a late foul.

Ashington will now face another West Yorkshire side in Thackley in the Preliminary round of the Emirates FA Cup.