Sensational. That is the best word that can describe Farsley’s 5-4 win over Hyde United in an action packed, end to end game with eight goals coming in the second half and four in the last six minutes.

Farsley Celtic got off to a dream start playing swift, attacking football. Paul Walker played a delightful back heel to put Jordan Deacey through on goal who slotted home under Hyde ‘keeper Russ Saunders to give The Celts an early advantage.

James Walshaw was then left in disbelief after failing to double Farsley’s advantage, latching onto a great ball by Richard Marshall, rounding the goalkeeper before his goal bound effort was whisked off the line by Hyde’s Harry Coates.

Hyde then started to grow into the game, with Matthew Beadle starting an attack with his ball out to Lawrance Hunter who slipped in James Burke but his effort was saved by the onrushing Graeme McKibbin.

James Walshaw for Farsley and James Burke for Hyde were both denied in the remaining minutes as The Celts took a deserved 1-0 lead into halftime.

Hyde pulled themselves level early on in the second half as Paddy Miller’s long free-kick into the box fell to Matthew Beadle who tucked the ball into the back of the net. Within minutes Hyde had completed the turnaround as Kyle Harrison let fly from 30 yards out and his effort rocketed into the top corner.

The game then turned ugly on the hour mark as within the space of two minutes both sides were reduced to ten men. First ex-Celt Paddy Miller received his marching orders for kicking out at Jordan Deacey, before after the resulting free-kick James Walshaw had a coming together with Hyde ‘keeper Russ Saunders and was dismissed for an alleged high foot.

However, that seemed to energise both sides ahead of an enthralling final thirty minutes. Lewis Nightingale switched the ball to the left hand side out to Chris Howarth, who controlled the ball and cut in before curling home a beautiful strike into the top right corner.

Janni Lipka then regained the lead for Hyde United, as Chris Sutherland pulled the ball back to Lipka who calmly struck the ball past McKibbin.

Hyde United were reduced to nine men and Farsley awarded a penalty with five minutes remaining, Ross Daly playing a sharp one-two with Lewis Nightingale before his shot was blocked by the arm of James Burke who was sent off for a second yellow card.  

Richard Marshall stepped up to convert the penalty and level the score line at 3-3. Farsley went ahead with just two minutes remaining as Russ Saunders denied Ross Daly’s strike before Lewis Nightingale picked out Aiden Savory who shot home into the empty net.

Aiden Savory fouled Chris Sutherland on the edge of the box as Hyde pressed for an equaliser, before Lawrance Hunter’s free-kick went up and over the wall and into the back of the bet to seemingly earn The Tigers a point.

But as the game headed into injury time Farsley stunned the home crowd to snatch all three points as Lewis Nightingale’s corner fell to Adam Clayton at the back post who poked home and sparked jubilant celebrations on the visitors’ bench.

Hyde United: Saunders, Harrison, Burke, Dempsey (Branker 32 (Ellison 86)), Coates, Miller (c), Hunter, Lipka, Beadle (Bevins 83), Khamsuk, Sutherland. Unused subs: Boyle, Haydock.

Farsley Celtic: McKibbin, Hardy (c), Howarth, Daly, Clayton, Savory, Nightingale, Marshall, Walshaw, Deacey (Watson 64),  Walker. Unused subs: P. Davidson, Atkinson, Serrant, Colley.

MOTM: Lewis Nightingale

Attendance: 438