Farsley’s never say die attitude was on show once again as they fought back from two goals down against Grantham Town.

Curtis Burrows and Jordan Hempenstall had given second-placed Grantham a two-goal advantage within 15 minutes, before goals from Danny Ellis and Adam Clayton earned Farsley a deserved point.

The Celts were once again made to pay for a slow start as they conceded inside the first five minutes for the 7th time this season, as Curtis Burrows fired home from inside the box.

When Jordan Hempenstall tapped home to double Grantham’s lead following some good work down the left flank by Lee Shaw and Curtis Burrows, it looked like being a long day for Farsley with the hosts carving open the Celts defence at will.

Burrows was again involved as he whipped in a cross to Michael Hollingsworth, but his header was straight at Farsley shot stopper Graeme McKibbin.

Danny Ellis, starting this game as a striker for the first time in his career, gave Farsley hope as he tapped home following Lewis Turner’s brilliant run and cross.

Just after the half hour mark Farsley came agonisingly close to equalising, Ryan Watson finding Danny Ellis who was denied by an excellent Kieran Preston save at his near post.

Farsley then levelled through Adam Clayton, as Paul Walker worked the ball into the area, and after a goalmouth scramble Clayton managed to bundle the ball into the back of the net.

The division’s top scorer Lee Shaw then came close for Grantham, breaking the offside trap only to be denied by McKibbin.

The Celts started the second-half much the brighter, and should have taken the lead as Nathan Turner failed to hit the target after being found in the box by Ben Atkinson.

Lewis Turner then came close for Farsley as he latched on to a sublime Ryan Watson through ball only for Kieran Preston to make a fine save.

Lee Shaw sliced an effort wide when well placed, before Farsley broke through the Grantham defence courtesy of a surging Adam Clayton run, the ball running through to Ben Atkinson whose effort was superbly saved by Preston.

With 20 minutes remaining Farsley manager Adam Lakeland was sent to the stands following a disagreement with the referee, after Grantham’s Jordan Hempenstall had clattered into Kurt Harris.

With time running out Farsley had a brace of excellent chances to snatch all three points. Kieran Preston made an outstanding save from point-blank range to deny Danny Ellis, before from the resulting Ryan Watson corner Adam Clayton’s header thumped against the crossbar.

Both sides pushed for the winner in the closing moments without producing any clear-cut opportunities, and both sides were forced to settle for a share of the spoils.

Grantham Town: Preston, Potts, Luto, Osborne (Thompson 90), Galinski ©, Hollingsworth, Meadows, Wright, Hempenstall (Hakeem 72), Shaw, Burrows. Unused subs: McMenemy, Bastos, Lewis.

Farsley Celtic: McKibbin, L. Turner, Baldwin, Harris, Ellis ©, Clayton, B. Atkinson (Parkin 86), N. Turner, Cartman, Watson, Walker (Murray 77). Unused subs: Bett, Quirke.

MOTM: Kieran Preston

Attendance: 287